Bobbin House is both an Eco house and an easy to maintain property that offers many features and modern touches that make life easy to live and enjoy. It is tucked away in a quiet spot on a private drive.
On the outside, Bobbin House, has a relatively traditional look with modern twists but on the inside it reflects a very contemporary modern design.
Bobbin House has a flint pebble and Hardy plank weatherboard exterior, aluminium windows, fascias, soffits, guttering and downpipes all finished in an Anthracite RAL7016 colour. There is a large car port and a separate workshop with the same finish.
Internally the house has a light open finish with high ceilings to most rooms.
- Water-Water Heat Pump. This is a ground-source heat pump that utilises water from a borehole rather than from pipes buried in the ground.
- Borehole water supplemented by Mains water
- Photo-Voltaic (PV) Panels
- Solar Water Panels
- Mechanical Heat Recovery Ventilation (MHRV)
- Motorised sliding drive gate
- Car port that easily takes two vehicles plus additional parking for several cars
- Part sedum roof to car port.
- Large balcony off upstairs living area with a glass balustrade
- Workshop at rear which is the size of a triple garage.
- Pump room in rear workshop with equipment needed for the borehole operation
- Cubby hole in rear workshop for alfresco dining with an overheard infra-red heater.
- Underfloor heating to all areas
- Feature oak staircase with glass balustrade at side of stairs and balcony overlooking downstairs. The core of the stairs is a metal frame.
- Hormann steel front door in RAL7016 Anthracite
- Three sets of bi-fold doors plus other doors to the outside areas.
- Electric or manual interstitial blinds (i.e. the blinds are inside the glazing units) to most windows & doors.
- Hidden speakers in the two living areas and the master bedroom. They are hidden because the speakers are behind the plaster ceilings so they are not visible at all!
- Wood-burning Morso stove
- Central vacuum system
- Burglar alarm
- Smart-home technology based on ZWave open standards. This is used to control:
- Electric blinds within four window sets (three sets of bi-fold doors plus another outside door and window set)
- LED Lighting throughout some of which uses Philips hue lights.
- Smart Intercom that controls the drive gate
- Integration with Amazon Alexa for voice control (lights on, lights off, blinds up, blinds down,, gate open, gate close, etc)
- Smart Thermostats using the Heatmiser system
- Full IT network for computers, AV and telecoms
- Audio-Visual (AV) Control using a Harmony hub
- Block & Beam floors throughout for strength and quietness (no floor noises from floorboards)
- Slate, Stone or Engineered oak floors throughout
- Slate window boards throughout
- German internal doors
- Boiling hot tap
- Insinkerator Food Waste disposal
- Two wine fridges built into kitchen island